Thursday, February 5, 2009

So I Lied

No post in 9 weeks. What can I say, I'm going out of the country...things have been a little busy.



Just to give everyone the briefest of updates...



I am leaving Monday!! I am pretty much a ball of emotion right now but I am really excited about going on this adventure. I have been communicating with my teammates (there are 6 of us total) and each of them seem really solid and awesome and I can't wait to meet them on Monday. I still feel like I have a lot to get done before I go, which at times seems overwhelming and at other times seems totally do-able. When I start to think about it too long is usually when I start to get sad because I just have 4 days to get it done which then makes me think I only have 4 days to see/talk to the people I love before moving several time zones away. But some sadness is to be expected and I try to keep it in check.



For those of you interested in the details of my travel I'll be flying from Nashville to Chicago to London to Bucharest then a 4 hour train ride to Galati, my final destination. After some quick math, that is 22 hours of travel (including layovers) from Nashville to Bucharest (we get in about midnight local time). I think/hope we will be staying in a hostel in Bucharest the night we get in and then going on to Galati in the morning. Lets hope the jet lag isn't too bad.



I was told a few weeks ago we will also be traveling into Moldova for two weeks. Word Made Flesh (the organization I am going to Romania through) is hoping to get a program started in Moldova so my team will be helping scout out what future teams could do there. I am excited about this opportunity.



If you think of me, I would love your prayers. Just that my last few days in Nashville would be blessed and fruitful and I would have good time with the people I love. That my team would click right away when we meet. For safe travel and that all of our luggage would arrive when we do. For my host family that I will be living with for 4 months. That I would adapt to the culture and that my tastebuds would like the food :) That the language would come quickly and I would not get easily discouraged with it. And of course for all the little children I will be meeting, that I would love them fully with the love of Christ. I honestly can not wait to see what God will do while I am there. He is so good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Caitlin, I'm excited that every nine weeks we get to hear a little something from you. I'm already looking forward to the mid-April post.
Seriously, we your friends will be very interested to hear whatever you can tell us, as you have time. Please let us know something after you arrive.
It was fun to see you recently; thank you for the post card.

Hesters said...

We are excited for you and praying for you. love ya,