Saturday, February 21, 2009

The Team

So I've made it through my first full week in Galati. There were some ups and downs, but overall I'd say it was a sucessful week. We're all getting more of a feel for our host families. (There are a few people on the team that have hilarious stories about their experiences every morning. I am not one of these people. I am thankful for this.) And I think most of us are a little frustrated with the language. The lessons are a little stressful and of course it is hard not being able to really communicate outside of our little community. But hopefully that will spur me on to be diligent in my studies.

Last weekend the team hung out and just got to know each other a little better. We all had a chance to share our stories, why we came here with Word Made Flesh, and what we hope to get out of this experience. And let me tell you, I am just so excited about the team God has assembled here. Each member of my team has a unique story, but it is so neat to see how a common thread is woven through each of our lives. We are the largest team the Romania field has ever accepted. I can't wait to see what God is going to to in each of us and how He is going to continue to bring us together as a group.

1 comment:

Cherilyn said...

I'm so glad you are keeping us updated this way!