Monday, December 8, 2008

Nine Weeks.

I had a friend ask me this weekend how many weeks until I leave.


I'd still been thinking in terms of months...or after the holidays...or a common response from me would be "not til February!"....but after this question a quick estimation brought me to nine weeks.


Nine weeks people. Nine weeks!


I had been feeling good about all that I've been getting done for the trip over the past few weeks. Shopping for some supplies and picking out a few Christmas presents for myself to use in Romania. And let me tell you having to choose items that you will use exclusively for 4 months is a slightly daunting task.


This past week I went to the doctor for my physical and first round of vaccinations. I sent off my passport renewal AND I told my job I was quitting in January. All big check list items. But now, after looking at the calendar, I'm starting to wonder how it will all get done. I still have 4 of my 5 books to finish reading. Papers to write. And an apartment to pack. And trips to take. Friends to be with, to say good bye to. And of course, a heart to prepare.


Reality of my going starting set in more as I am doing more to get myself ready, but it is also becoming a little bit more unbelievable too. To think in 9 weeks I'll be winging my way over the Atlantic to live in a city with people I don't know. Unbelievable. But also to a city I'm sure I will come to love and people that will become my community. Thats pretty unbelievable too.


On a side note, I'll try to be better about blogging in my last 9 weeks in the states. It goes on the list too.

2 comments:

Cherilyn said...

That's right: you better get used to blogging because it will have to give me my Caitlin fill while you are overseas.

Amy Jones said...

I'm looking forward to reading your posts! How long will you be in Romania?

Probably should start writing on my own again. . .