Friday, April 17, 2009

Easter

Hristos a inviat din morti
Cu moartea pe moartea calcand
Si celor din morminte
Viata duruindu- le

Christ has risen from the dead
Stepping with death on death
And giving to those from the graves
Giving them life.

It is Easter here this weekend and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else to celebrate.

Tonight I am going to a Good Friday service at an Eastern Orthodox church. I will crawl under a table to signify my dying with Christ. Tomorrow I will go to a midnight service to usher in Easter. I will sing the above song as the priest lights candles through out the crowd. Then Sunday afternoon we will have a celebration here at the center. Singing. Food. and Games.

Paste Fericit!
Happy Easter!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you, I had forgotten that you were in an area dominated by the Eastern Orthodox Church. It's a wonder it survived Comunist control. Enjoy!